Option 2: To satisfy the Advisor Certificate requirements, complete all five Core Knowledge areas in the Advisor Development Course and three electives, including the self-assessments. For descriptions regarding Core Knowledge and electives, click on the eLearning tab.
- Advising at UNI
- Advisor Toolbox: Relational Skills, Making Referrals, and Forms
- Navigating the SIS
- Reading an Advisement Report
- Undergraduate Degree Requirements and the Liberal Arts Core
In addition, there are electives:
- Transfer Students
- Requirements of Teach Education
- Career Development in Advising
- Working with Special Populations
- Advising for Academic Success
- Cultural Competency for Advisors
- Working with Parents & Guardians
Additional certificate requirements include:
- One year of advising experience at UNI
- Participation in the Fall New and Returning Advisor Workshop
- Participation in the Spring Campus Advisor Workshop
- Advisor Observation (optional)
Similar to the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning's Teach UNI Faculty Teaching Certificate Program, advisors who complete the requirements of the Advising Certificate will receive recognition for their work.
For more information, contact Susan Hill in the CETL at 319-273-2553.
If you do not see the course in your eLearning site, contact Jean Neibauer at email@example.com or 319-273-3406.