Option 1: This course is designed for new and seasoned UNI advisors to enhance academic advising skills, and as a resource on specific advising topics. The course guides participants in five areas of Core Knowledge.
- Advising at UNI
- Advisor Toolbox: Relational Skills, Making Referrals, and Forms
- Navigating the SIS
- Reading an Advisement Report
- Undergraduate Degree Requirements and the Liberal Arts Core
In addition, there are electives:
- Transfer Students
- Requirements of Teach Education
- Career Development in Advising
- Working with Special Populations
- Advising for Academic Success
- Cultural Competency for Advisors
- Working with Parents & Guardians
If you are interested in additional advisor development, consider completing the Advisor Development Certificate.