University Book & Supply has made money available to fund up to five university-wide Outstanding Teaching Awards for Pre-Tenure Faculty.
Tenure-track faculty from all colleges are eligible for nomination for the University Book and Supply Outstanding Teaching Awards for pre-tenure faculty. Awards will be given at the Faculty Awards Dinner in the spring.
Candidates for this award may have shown significant contributions to the quality of teaching by:
- Taking into considerable account student needs and interests
- Demonstrating mastery of a variety of instructional techniques
- Preparing and utilizing innovative classroom strategies and materials
- Exhibiting uncommon dedication and zeal for the ideals and ideas of education
- Being generous with time and talent, seriously considering academic excellence and individual student development
- Receiving excellent student assessments
- Successfully integrating research, scholarship and/or creative activity into the practice of teaching
- Having earned the respect of colleagues for excellence in teaching
Nominations can be made by faculty, staff and/or students. The nominator shall:
- Secure consent of the nominee and
- Provide a letter of nomination summarizing the qualifications of the nominee for the award to be included in faculty materials.
The Nominee shall:
- Secure a maximum of three letters of recommendation, one from a student. These letters are in addition to the letter of nomination.
- Provide a one-page statement of teaching philosophy
- Provide an updated vita
- Provide copies of student assessments from classes taught during the previous academic year
- Provide other supporting material not to exceed 15 pages.
The deadline for submission of all nominee materials to the Provost's Office is December 1, 2017.