Welcome to the University of Northern Iowa!
We are glad you are joining our faculty and we want to make your transition to UNI as smooth as possible. The New Faculty Orientation web site provides resources and information to help you prepare for the Fall semester and beyond. Please contact Jonathan Chenoweth, Interim Director, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about orientation activities. Departmental and Dean's offices can answer any questions related to your specific faculty assignment, office space and equipment or departmental and college events.
New Faculty Orientation Schedule
Pre-recorded video (to be released via Blackboard LMS ~August 3, 2020)
- Welcome and Introductions - Mark Nook, President
- UNI Student Demographics & the Inclusive Classroom - Allyson Rafanello, Dean of Students
- Introduction to Student Services
Tuesday, August 11, 2020 (via Zoom)
- 9:00am-9:45am, Introductions
- 9:45am-10:45am, Student Services - panel, scenarios, Q&A
- 11:00am-12:00pm, Educational Technology - Educational Technology & Media Services
- Afternoon, TBA Walk-through of physically-distanced classrooms
Wednesday, August 12, 2020 (via Zoom)
- 9:00am-10:30am, Introductions & Fireside Chat - Jim Wohlpart, Provost and Executive Vice
President for Academic Affairs
- 10:45am-11:45am, Student Demographics & the Inclusive Campus - panel, scenarios, Q&A
- 1:30pm-4:30pm, Faculty Benefits - Human Resource Services & Office of Business Operations – Partners and spouses are welcome to join this session.
Thursday, August 13, 2020 (via Zoom)
- 9:00am, Address to Campus - Mark Nook, President
- 10:00am-12:00pm, Fall Faculty Virtual Workshop - A lovely kick-off to the new year, a chance to learn something new about teaching, and -- to the extent we can facilitate via Zoom -- to meet and greet your colleagues from across campus.
Thursday, August 20, 2020 (Zoom and face-to-face)
- 3:00pm-5:00pm, New Faculty Colloquium, first meeting (f2f with Zoom option available)
- 5:00pm-6:30pm, Reception for New Faculty and Guest - Hosted by President Mark Nook & Cheryl Nook, “live” at the President’s House with physical-distancing in place.